by Zachary Russell in Dubstep about July 10, 2018 - report

Spookme

Hey Guys,

So I've been trying to get these ideas stuck in my head out on Ableton and so far it's been tough but I've been going through. One of the reasons is not knowing the software well and trying to make a track sound good and spending so much time with it that I eventually crash. This one was one I worked on for a bit but unfortunately I don't think I can finish it, its like you lose that inspiration and drive so you have to start on something fresh.

So I haven't really released anything in a year since starting production and have tried to learn and grow. Here's what I've got so far & too the many years to come

Let me know what you think

Review: 1 • Score 1 • Views: 444
Browse by

by Alex Phountzi 1 about July 10, 2018

What kinda of style are you going for? Sometimes it's god to just leave a track where you finish it and treat it as experience and move onto the next one. I think there are some strong elements here, the intro feels too long though and the second section could be balanced better in terms of levels, the low end of the track feels like it is missing somewhat

• Score: 0
    2 comments
    • Zachary Russell
      by Zachary Russell
      July 11, 2018

Well honestly I wasnt thinking of going for any style. I wanted to try mixing some trap elements like the horns with some low bass. I appreciate the feedback though! I completely agree, been figuring out how to master certain elements better and i guess I...  more

• Alex Phountzi 1
      by Alex Phountzi 1
      July 11, 2018

The room and monitors you are working on will also have effect on how you are mixing your stuff as well. A good plugin to use is Sample Magic's Magic AB which you can put on your master and load in other tracks so you can reference against it. It really h...  more

You must login to post a review.