by Marek K in Deep House about 13 June - report

marek kay - (Not) in Love

Hi all, it has been a while. Finally found some time to work on a new track. Let me know, what you think of it.

Best

Marek

Reviews: 4 • Score 2 • Views: 206
Browse by

by Eric Barnes about 29 June

I love classic sounding house. Great effort. You could also try running the vocals in parallel--one dry and one wet. This will give you the cleaner sound that Steve was talking about, bring the vocals forward as Al said and also allow you more freedom with the reverb. Loving it.

1 comment
    • Marek K
      by Marek K
      2 July

Hi Eric, thank you very much. I'm very glad you like it. Thank you for the great pointer. Let me try to run the vocals in parallel :-)

by Steve Reightler about 19 June

Nice one, Marek.  I hear that M1 piano yeah baby! lol  A trick I use on vocals is to sidechain the reverb to the same vocal with an 8:1 ratio, fast attack, and threshold somewhere about -18 to -24.  That way the vocal is cleaner with the reverb tail.  Try experimenting with it if you fancy.

2 comments
    • Marek K
      by Marek K
      19 June

Thank you a lot for your very advanced pointer. Let me try to sidechain the reverb. Where did you learn this? Quite impressive. :-)

• Steve Reightler
      by Steve Reightler
      20 June

I can't take credit for the idea. I think I learned from a PB FFL video some time ago.

by John Sheerin about 15 June

Like Al said, great classic sound on this, well done!

1 comment
    • Marek K
      by Marek K
      16 June

Thank you very much, John. Much appreciated :-)

by AlBlivious about 13 June

Great to hear from you Marek, this is working really well. classic house sound and i wonder if the vocal could be closer in the mix with less reverb?

1 comment
    • Marek K
      by Marek K
      16 June

Thank you very much for your kind and helpful feed back, Al. I will try the vocal with less reverb :-)

You must login to post a review.