by John Sheerin in House about 29 May - report

Party Knife

Reviews: 4 • Score 4 • Views: 317
Browse by

by Marek K about 16 June

John, for me this is a great track. I like the special sounds in the drums. And the overall sparseness. Great groove going. Nice selection of sounds. Well mixed, each sound has its own place and can shine. Great bass sound, nice and round. Nice pads far in the background.

• Score: 0
    1 comment

by Steve Reightler about 2 June

Nice one, John.  Maybe the hats could start out with the 16th notes then switch to the open 8ths or something like that.  Some of the other elements could possibly be brought a little more forward in the mix?  Anyway, groovy track.  

1 comment
    • John Sheerin
      by John Sheerin
      4 June

Hey Steve, how’s things dude? Yeah I recon I’ll go back to the beats, might try a more broken beat approach? I mastered it through landr, I find that it works kind of well to show what off in the mix, pain that it cost you a tenner to hear it fully though...  more

by Stephen Lynch about 2 June

Lets collab John, I'm down to remix or collab. I like this one, nice work.

1 comment
    • John Sheerin
      by John Sheerin
      4 June

Hey Stephen, cheers for good vibes! I’ve never collab’d before, might be a bit of craic? What kind of stuff do you produce? Have you posted any of it on here?

by AlBlivious about 29 May

Great to hear some new stuff from you John, this has a great groove to it, i love the way the bass develops. Id be interested to hear the drums reapproached on this though I have to say. I wonder if you could have more space without the constant 16th note hi hat and a drier snare/clap sound. Thats just a suggestion as this works as it is

1 comment
    • John Sheerin
      by John Sheerin
      29 May

Hey Al, yeah its been a while, back on track again hopefully. I was trying to get one of those groovers going and felt that the hats kept that vibe but I know what you mean. I didn't realise the snare was as wet as it is until I forked out the €10 to Land...  more

You must login to post a review.