by pblank in Other about 3 June - report

Elize II feat. Harry K ( bouzouki )

https://soundcloud.com/thelate-spaced-it-project/elize

Hi guys, this track has a story which goes like this...

Back in the 00's I crashed a film set on a Greek Island & did some background extra work for three months during summer. By the end of shoot I got to know most of the crew & one guy inparicular Simos Korexenides ( third assistant director ) had heard a demo CD of some of my stuff. Some time later he called me up and asked if I could write a piece of music for a character to a short film he was making. He explained over the phone what he wanted.  I had a demo track I had previously done that  I thought would fit but it was only a piano solo. Simos was specific, he wanted a Greek sound.

At the time of him calling me I had crashed a job in a small new recording studio behind a shop in North London. This was run by a very talented Greek musician Harry Koustavakis. I went into the studio one morning played him the piano solo & then just watched in awe at his genius when he turned it into a true masterpiece. The original is the link above.

The track took most of the day & I'm pretty sure Harry was as high on the track as I was. As exhausting as it was you wouldn't have guessed by the big grins on our faces.  But the end had come too soon & neither of us wanted to draw to a close.  I mentioned I had this idea of taking his Bouzouki solo & putting a different background to it & have these new sounds going on. He didn't even flinch, he just turned back to his desk & started to work all over again. I'll never forget the moment fo realization when our heads where sync bopping  back & forward to the beat knowing it was right. We were brothers & together we conquered this day. 

Reviews: 5 • Score 2 • Views: 107
Browse by

by Cris Ferro about 15 June

very different! cool stuff!

check out my post as well please! http://community.pointblankmusicschool.com/track/view/3677/i-need-your-help-galantis-remix-competition

• Score: 0

by Kwesi Andoh-Korsah about 14 June

Awesome track!! Love the Bouzouki and the back story sells the track even more. I do so love it when a fusion track comes together so well as this evidently has... nice one!!

1 comment
    • pblank
      by pblank
      Wed at 20:01

Thanks Kwesi

by Kristiyan Yordanov about 6 June

Hey Jordan,

Awesome!! Sirtaki Fusion!! :) You make me remember Zorba.

I like it very much.

4 comments
    • pblank
      by pblank
      7 June

Thanks Kristiyan. Sadly, due to my day job i've not been able to sit and create any new tracks. So I just posted this track out of my library. It's great to hear the good comments which reaffirms my past struggles to create good work. I don't think you'...  more

• Kristiyan Yordanov
      by Kristiyan Yordanov
      10 June

haha I was in Japan for a couple o weeks! I feel in love with the country.
      It´s true that I don´t write too much here, I don´t feel very wanted here ;)
      I always trying to improve my musical knowledge :)
      talk soon my friend.

• pblank
      by pblank
      11 June

I know how you feel. I average about 60 hits per track in the first few weeks with only two or three 'comments' per track. That's not really a good turnout. What I cant understand is that my YouTube hits don't tally-up with my tracks here. For example I...  more

• Kristiyan Yordanov
      by Kristiyan Yordanov
      11 June

I don´t understand very well what do you mean. If you want my opinion about youtube, it is an extremely powerful tool for show your music to the world, but you need to be regular uploading anything you want to show, doing an excellent job with the present...  more

by Al Blivious about 4 June

Nice bouzouki! Is that you playing? Never heard this kind of fusion before, it's the bouzouki element that I am really enjoying

1 comment
    • pblank
      by pblank
      4 June

Unfortunately it wasn't me playing but it is bloody good, if I do say so myself. I've posted a little tell tell of how the track came about. & a link to the original track to where this remix evolved from. I'm glad you liked it, the Eastern sound do...  more

by Gilberto Rodriguez 2 about 4 June

Was that you in the guitar?

Very nice

1 comment
    • pblank
      by pblank
      4 June

Thanks for your comment Gilberto, it wasn't me playing it was a good friend who played his Bouzouki on the track. I'm glad you liked it, here's a link to how the track originally sounded.
      https://soundcloud.com/thelate-spaced-it-project/elize

You must login to post a review.