by Steve Reightler in House about 10 April - report

The Long Sobs

Updated version of recent Lo-Fi House track.  Kick is layered Volca samples.  Bass is upright bass sample loop from collection of jazz samples.  Pad is Korg M1.  I added ghost notes to hats using Ableton beat repeat plugin.

Reviews: 4 • Score 0 • Views: 172
Browse by

by Lenny James about 15 April

Excellent stuff Steve, a job well done!
    1 comment

by Iain Andrews about 14 April

Lo-fi all rounder, nicely done Steve! :)

1 comment

by Oliver Evans about 14 April

Cool track Steve, it's a nice after party vibe. I agree will on the chords at around 2:30, they don't quite fit in. Maybe try taking one of the other sounds out when they get introduced just to keep things a bit clearer in the mix. Other than that great work!

1 comment

by Al Blivious about 11 April

Wooh love how this breaks when the bass comes in! Have you got reverb on the bass though? One thing I will say is that the additional chords that comes in at 2.30 actually cloud it and don't sit that well, I think you can ride on that groove without filling out all the space quite so much

1 comment
    • Steve Reightler
      by Steve Reightler
      11 April

Thanks Al. There is some reverb on the bass but obviously a little too subtle. I'm guilty of filling space because I'm afraid of a track sounding boring if I let any part ride too long. But you're right, less could be more in this case.

You must login to post a review.