by Oliver Evans in House about 23 February - report

Revilo - Plus One

A few changes made from the version I played at todays PIMP session. Enjoy, Oliver.

Reviews: 8 • Score 7 • Views: 529
Browse by

by Jonathan Cravenwood about 13 March

Nice track. Would love to know what synth you are using for the bass?

• Score: 0
    1 comment
    • Oliver Evans
      by Oliver Evans
      13 March

Thanks Jonathan, I layered the bass in 2 parts, the top bass is a sound I creating in NI Massive with a sine wave created using Logic's EXS24 for the sub. Hope this helps?

by Ben McGreal about 26 February

Love this tune mate, very good work on this. Got the Butler and Bontan feel to it. If its on download ill be having this in my collection!:)

1 comment
    • Oliver Evans
      by Oliver Evans
      28 February

Nice one Ben mate, glad you like it! :)

by Derek Coan about 25 February

Hey Oliver this is great track ..but this is my perception onlyIs to shorten the track if there is not alot of elements to manipulate as a active dj every weekPeople attention spans are short and we as producers have to findA way to keep people focus and drawn into the song thats what im doing myself Maybe try cutting vocals and adding different reverbs to them and paste around the track:)
    1 comment

by Claudio Melis about 24 February

this the track!!!! nice job Oliver!

1 comment
    • Oliver Evans
      by Oliver Evans
      24 February

Thanks Claudio, glad you like it!

by Steve Reightler about 24 February

Nice groove going on here, Oliver.  I have to agree with Al. The vocals need a some editing to give it a little more variety/excitement.  And what about adding another element playing in unison with the bass at some point?  It might be worth experimenting with that idea ... although you run the risk of changing the character of the track.  But it could yield some interesting results.  Cheers m8 :)

1 comment
    • Oliver Evans
      by Oliver Evans
      24 February

Thanks for your feedback Steve, I'm definitely going to go back in on the vocals, so keep an eye out for a new edit. Cheers

by DJIJK x about 24 February

Good stuff as always mate! :)

1 comment
    • Oliver Evans
      by Oliver Evans
      24 February

Thanks Ian, glad you like it :)

by Al Blivious about 24 February

Great sound Oliver, as I mentioned last night maybe soem vocal edits or delays to bring the vocal loop to life as the track progresses could be work well, for example on the final drop around 4.20?

1 comment
    • Oliver Evans
      by Oliver Evans
      24 February

Thanks Al, I did try a few ideas but couldn't get it to work, I'm going back in today with a fresh pair of ears.

by Spencer Schumacher about 23 February

Dig the track man. I love the name of the song. It makes it sound groovy. Sorry, that I do not have as much technical focus right now. Going to these PIMP's is helping though.

1 comment
    • Oliver Evans
      by Oliver Evans
      23 February

Thanks Spencer, good to hear you're digging it!

You must login to post a review.