by Jeremiah Dennis in Experimental about August 22, 2015 - report

HARLEM 5 Alive Theater Micro EP Series Double Feature 3

''

Harlem 5 Alive Theater is a weekly Friday release of tracks exclusively for the month of August, in a double feature format much like movie theaters of the past on the classic NYC 42nd St. Broadway strip.

Harlem 5 Alive Theater brings the ecclectic in music production with a opening credits style of visuals to give you a feel like you are at the movies seeing something new and interesting for the first time...In this case you are hearing something new for the first time and given a 2 for 1 access to an event dicovered by you. Each Double Feature has a storyline synopsis to bring you in closer to the Drama, Action, and Thrill of the featured movie event.

Running exclusively on the YouTube Channel: SPACESTATION 19, Harlem 5 Alive Theater will give you a sense of S.L.G/Push The Envelope Productions music production chops and their creative imagination for music entertainment.

Reviews: 2 • Score 0 • Views: 2068
Browse by

by Glenn Van nieuwenhuyse about September 26, 2015

Very creative Jeremiah it is something we havent seen here before for that thumbs up but it is indeed kinda loopy maybe keep that in mind when you make your next track for the rest your sound is great so keep up the good work

Feel free to comment on my track since i have allot of view but not enough reviews to post a new track even if you don't like it at all :) regards Glenn 

• Score: 0
    1 comment
    • Jeremiah Dennis
      by Jeremiah Dennis
      October 16, 2015

I appreciate the review and all your advice will be put into my discipline. I am glad to have found great critique with valid points and offering of enlightenment. @Glenn

by Matt Bulger about September 26, 2015

Fair call having a crack at the tunes and accompanying visuals, takes a lot of effort to get both sides working together and most of us just struggle with getting the tunes part right.

Honestly, I'm in the same camp as the last two reviewers, both tunes are too repetitive and don't feel like they have any form of structure. I know it's experimental but didn't feel like there was a start/finish/middle or breakdowns, build ups etc.

First track, the guitar riff, maybe think about changing some of amp settings, even subtly or introduce effects into the signal chain so that even if the riff stays the same in terms of notes, there's variation of the sound. Same for the beats, it all stays the same hits at what sounds to be the same velocity across the track, however there does seem to be two main sections of beats. Maybe have a part of the track that is just a hat tapping out a rhythm. The part I really like and would have liked brough to the front was that piano, sounds like you're pushing the boundaries there but it's getting put to the back by the beats which are dominating a bit much.

Second track the saw (bass) panned out to the right feels like it is dominating a bit much at the expense of the melody. As a saw form it's cutting right across everything, might need to eq or reduce its levels a bit.  The beats at the 7min mark sound great and interesting but they're a bit low in the mix. Some of the vocal chops are great but like Therm Optic said, it just gets lost too much repetition of the other parts.

Best advice I can give is to have a really critical listen to the tracks and cut anything unnecessary. Some good stuff in there but the repetition of other parts turns the listener off, sometimes before they get a chance to get to the good stuff.

• Score: 0
    1 comment
    • Jeremiah Dennis
      by Jeremiah Dennis
      October 16, 2015

Heeded and done @Matt Bulger...I appreciate all you have said. Valid points. I say this to you and all the others who have reviewed this...you actually listened and dropped science. Thanks!

You must login to post a review.