by Oliver Evans in House about 29 July 2016 - report

Oliver Revilo - Get Together (New version)

This was first done as assignment about a year ago on my Point Blank course. I've gone back in on it a year later, added a new bass & synth, tightened up the beats & given it a new mix down. Hope you like it? Cheers, Oliver

Reviews: 8 • Score 6 • Views: 569
Browse by

by Lee Graves about 5 September 2016

Oliver would you be interested in using this track on a labels YouTube page that I'm currently working for? Really like the track and could get you some recognition online.
    • Score: 0

by Tinus Pieters about 7 August 2016

You must really teach me how to make house like this. Would have liked the synth to be more saturated, it sounds too retro for my taste. Still a great track!

by Ben McGreal about 6 August 2016

Loving the grungy, dark synth/fx in the intro! 

Has ibiza written all over this.

nice vocals and mix!

1 comment
    • Oliver Evans
      by Oliver Evans
      6 August 2016

Nice one Ben, hope you're all good dude?

by Steve Reightler about 2 August 2016

I really like the upgrades, Oliver.  The vocals seem to sit really well now.  Wicked track, mate!

1 comment
    • Oliver Evans
      by Oliver Evans
      2 August 2016

Thanks Steve, I always appreciate your feedback! :)

by Lenny James about 1 August 2016

Digging this one. Nice drop!
    1 comment

by Al Blivious about 31 July 2016

Ypu've played this to me before haven't you Oliver? Where is the feamle vocal from? It's really strong, the part that is not quite as convincing is the 'do what you do ' vocal part, it feels like the energy drops there, maybe be with some additional production and some vocal cuts to act as an answer to that part it could work better? Overall very tight and impressive production

4 comments
    • Oliver Evans
      by Oliver Evans
      1 August 2016

Hi Al, yes it was one of my tracks I did with you on Logic 2 last year. Thanks for the feedback. I'm giving it a re-edit now, I'll let you now when I've changed the re-loaded the new file.

• Oliver Evans
      by Oliver Evans
      1 August 2016

I've replaced the file with an updated version. I have edited the vocals, added some new 909 rim shots, modulation on the synth bass along with a few tweaks here & there. Would be interested in what you think of the new version? Thanks

• Al Blivious
      by Al Blivious
      1 August 2016

Yeah those additions are really working, gives it a nice lift and break from the vocal

• Oliver Evans
      by Oliver Evans
      1 August 2016

Nice one Al, thanks again for the feedback, helped it all come together

by Derek Coan about 30 July 2016

Awsome vocal track Oliver!! I have to go back and redo some of my old tracks to:)
    1 comment
    • Oliver Evans
      by Oliver Evans
      1 August 2016

Thanks Derek, looking forward to hearing some of your old re-edited prejects

by Steve Reightler about 30 July 2016

Love it, Oliver.  Sick bass! I wish I was listening on a proper sound system at the moment but first impression is that this track is banging.  Nice one!

1 comment
    • Oliver Evans
      by Oliver Evans
      30 July 2016

Nice one Steve, thanks mate! :)

You must login to post a review.