by Matthew Bowden 1 in Trance about July 12, 2019 - report

Reflections

I think there is something wrong with the first beat of every section, has any one got a solution?

Thanks in advance ;) 

Matt

Reviews: 2 • Score 0 • Views: 189
Browse by

by Zachary Russell about July 19, 2019

^^^ I noticed that timing thing too and it isn't bad it sort of adds some character to the mix, the clicks are evident but I didn't notice a whole lot (part at beginning is quite noticeable) and should be mastered a little more. But overall I'm gonna be honest and this was one of my favorite trance tracks I've heard. specially around 2:41 I think it gets nice and groovy

2 comments
    • Zachary Russell
      by Zachary Russell
      July 19, 2019

Ooo for clicks I'd recommend looking for clashing frequencies maybe there's wierd harmonics coming out. Try to eq them? Maybe its from your bass hits if you're cutting them off without your wave going back to 0 amplitute, happens to me alot. umm if you th...  more

• Matthew  Bowden 1
      by Matthew Bowden 1
      July 19, 2019

Thanks mate, appreciate it! I'll dial her back a bit.!

by Stavros Potamitis about July 19, 2019

There is a nice euphoric vibe here Matthew. While I like the synth design I think overall sound design here could do with further refinement on certain sounds (for example synth starting at 0.28). Regarding the issue that you mention there is a funny timing thing happening but it actually sounds quite interesting to be fair; to give you a specific solution I would need to look at the project and see exactly whats going on; you also have a few clicks going on so look into that as well. Overall very good potential here!

1 comment
    • Matthew  Bowden 1
      by Matthew Bowden 1
      July 19, 2019

Thanks man! Yeah perhaps I have pushed it a bit hard in places. I'll revise after my new assignments

You must login to post a review.