The Illusion of Illusions

Hey everyone this is Sebastian here again, sorry for the delay on writing been really busy with life! 

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day. i am going to start to write about what i wanted to share with the plugged in community. I mentioned that i wanted to start a series of conversations which would hopefully expand our minds in some way. This is in no way an intention to change your beliefs or how you see life, But rather a way of me sharing my experiences see if anyone can relate to them, possibly creating a growth opportunity for all of us in the community :)

This past year i have been reading a lot of Self help books and also i have come across various interesting individuals, in which we have discussed various concepts, thus i felt the need to share one of these concepts with you guys today, because i feel its a big reason why we can fully express our artistic ideas and it is the concept of “Illusions”.

What is an Illusion? An illusion is a distortion of the senses, revealing how the brain normally organizes and interprets sensory stimulation. Though illusions distort reality, they are generally shared by most people. Illusions may occur with any of the human senses, but visual illusions (optical illusions), are the most well-known and understood. The emphasis on visual illusions occurs because vision often dominates the other senses. This is the definition that its given to us by wikipedia to which an extent its true but i feel there is a lot more to it.

Well, here is my take on it…We all live in a world of illusions, we are sharing the planet with around 8 billion people and all of those 8 billion people have been born into different illusions, i say “born into” because none of us had a choice (as far as we know) to choose where to be born. 

Depending on what part of the planet you were born your illusions might be different. nonetheless,most of us are very into our own personal illusions. (Illusions of power, illusions of attachment, illusions of a conditioned love, Illusions of ownerships) just to name a few. Unfortunately, We are all made to believe that these “illusions” are all true, in part because almost all of society has agreed to these forms of “illusions” and have made it the normal way of thinking. Upon all of these illusions that society has literally created from nothing, it subconsciously becomes our fuel to live in society, we are made to believe and we agree that we must live up to all of these illusions otherwise we are destined to fail society.

Because of this extreme high expectation we have driven ourselves mad, and we end up on an never ending battle, instead of accepting and loving ourselves unconditionally, we become our own worst enemies. A Meso-American culture known as the toltecs (which i believe everyone should read about) call this the “mitote” a living parasite within our minds. This parasite is what controls all that we think we are and it runs most of our lives.. without consciously knowing it. We keep living with the Illusions and making our lives a living hell due to the reason that we were not naturally be supposed to be this way, unfortunately most people are too scared or just don’t believe in it, which is okay. after all, we all are in different paths.

When it comes to expressing our ideas into the physical world, our artistic expression suffers, we are not ourselves but illusions of others, since we run most of our lives with illusions that are not our own but societies. Therefore, When we sit down and we try to express our ideas, sometimes we reach a dead end and we think that is it, that we are failures, that this dream (Illusion) we have in our head is going to end. But then again, that is an illusion that you have accepted as true, thus you believe in it and it will keep affecting your life until you let go of that illusion or until a new one comes in. Also, this example can be projected into other life situations, after all as i mentioned before we are constantly creating illusions that most of the time are not true, and they are not really coming from us.

from my current experiences and understanding of the illusions that the world has created for us there isn’t really a way to combat this but to create a your own illusions that resonate with how you think and how you are. By doing this you will not only be creating your world but also you sharing it with the people around you. Making yourself authentic in everything you do…

I believe that all of us at one point in our lives whether it’d be when we are young or when we are older, we must make a choice of how we want to live in this world. Wether we like living in this world of illusions that society has created for us or in a world where we can control and create all of the illusions that we want to believe in (but because we have made it a choice to be like that) and don’t live up to anyones expectations. always know that you have the power to believe in what you want to believe… some people will not agree with me, but there is really no right or wrong way to live your life. Don’t listen to anyone, only listen to what your heart tells you to do. In the end, you will not regret it.

Sharing illusion Self-Help relating

Members login at top right or click here to register to add your comment or question.