Native Instruments Panel Discussion: Fran├žois K, Greg Wilson & Jonathan Scratchley (youtube.com)

I've been adding some new notes and content to a module that I was involved in developing for Pointblank called 'Creative Production & Remix', it's production based course based around the concept of remixing in all it's different forms and I came across this video....

The studio techniques of Jamaican reggae and dub producers such as King Tubby and Scientist informed the likes of Walter Gibbons, Tom Moulton and Francois K in the disco movement in New York. This panel discussion hosted by Native Intruments features another early proponent of the remix, Greg Wilson, who took inspiration from the likes of Gibbons, Larry Levan, Tom Moulton et el and Francois K himself who briliantly downplays the artistic merit of his work to reveal his motives were merely functional and were designed to get him paid work. Specifically talking about remixing in the form of re-edits and using dub techniques this is an excellent watch....

#history #remix #francois K #gregwilson #credittothedit

Members login at top right or click here to register to add your comment or question.